Saturday, October 3, 2009

Epsom Salts


I'm soaking my feet right now. I worked last night and will work the next three nights. I think I need a new pair of shoes. My feet are throbbing. The other day at Target I was checking out some of the employee's shoes while I waited for my son to finish in the dressing room. One lady had on a pair of those shoes with springs for heels. They look awful but I'll bet they're really comfortable. I could probably get away with wearing those if I worked at Denny's or maybe IHOP, but what would happen if I showed up at my restaurant wearing shoes with springs? It's a pretty hip place. Probably the only reason I got the job was because I was friends with the owners years ago. My little family and I moved into town two years ago, I called up my old friends to say Hi and they asked if I needed a job. If I were to have walked in off the street, resume in hand, I doubt I would've got the job. Not for lack of experience but maybe for lack of hipness. I'm the oldest one there. I'm even older than my friends, the owners. Maybe this week I'll go shopping for a new pair of shoes. Maybe a comfortable pair of black mary janes. I'll spare my coworkers the horror of me showing up in spring shoes for now.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the photo from the restaurant wall? Nice work. I know two women who wear those spring shoes and now some are made with the springs enclosed...All are VERY expensive. The best shoes I've ever had are Reebok aerobic shoes----I think they have been bought out by Addidas now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you and you are indeed Very Hip.

    ReplyDelete