Friday, October 16, 2009

Ron


Ron is my husband and one of the best things that ever happened to me. He has helped me work through my baggage, encourages me in my creative endeavors, treats me with kindness and respect, and teaches me new things - like how to use a nail gun and how to run electrical wiring.
Ron is a sandblaster by trade. He was laid off in August and since then he has been turning our free standing garage into his workshop with a little bit of help from me. He'll be working from home now.
Last week I helped him disassemble his sandblasting booth at the studio were he worked for two years. We brought home a lot of the materials and he started to build another booth in his workshop that would be able to accommodate large sheets of glass.
I love working with Ron. He's generous with his knowledge, gives clear directions, hands me the proper tools, explains how to safely use them, and then steps back to let me do the job myself. I love the fact that he'll be working at home and that I can help him out and pick up a lot of information and skills along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the most wonderful moment a mother ever wants....to hear how much her child is loved and cherished by his darling wife. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those birch trees are so fascinating...hard to believe it's glasswork!!!

    ReplyDelete