Monday, October 19, 2009

Updates


I helped my feet. I went to the Good Feet store and bought some arch supports. They seem to be helping. My feet still get tired by the end of my shift but they feel fine after I take off my shoes when I get home and they don't hurt the next day. The arch supports are guaranteed for life so I feel pretty good about my purchase.

I'm taking a photography course. It's called The Complete Course in Professional Photography offered by The New York Institute of Photography. Sounds kinda fancy and serious. The course is broken up into six units and I'm almost done with unit four. Do I think I'll be a professional when I finish the course? Well, I don't think so. It's a great course, but I need to try harder. I need to take more photos more often, and I need to be as comfortable with the functions of my camera as I am with pulling weeds or vacuuming. In a way, this course is perfect for learning photography. I'm the one responsible for reading the material, taking the assigned photos, and mailing them in. Most photographers are freelancers, responsible for getting, managing, and completing jobs.

Friday's gone. Remember our cat who broke his leg on my birthday? We had to have him put to sleep. It was a very sad day for us. Ron said Friday was pure love. He was the gift with purchase when we bought our home. He was here both times we came to view the house. Two days after we moved in, Friday came home to stay. Most of the two years we've lived here, he pretty much stayed outside, but the last few months he was getting very comfortable with us - barging in first thing in the morning and waiting in the kitchen until we gave him a special treat - tuna juice or a dish of half and half or a slice of pepperoni - then jumping up on our bed for a nap that usually lasted until the kids got home from school. Ron buried him out back of his favorite home.

On a lighter note, I have a new favorite treat. Whipped cream in a can. I bought it as a treat for my daughter who asks for it almost every time we go to the grocery store. Surprise! I said. And then Surprise! again - the can's more than half gone!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read the label on that stuff? Get some real, pure cream from the farm and whip it up with some vanilla and sprinkling of sugar and eat it with a spoon...I know you are squirting it right into your mouths!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Friday. Is that a picture of the cat? That picture is fabulous! Also, is Emmy off her parmaesan cheese kick? Onto whipped cream? That makes Mere very sick. Love you. ~Holly~

    ReplyDelete